Category: Arts & CultureFrom: Mar 9th, 2013 to Apr 19th, 2013
Created in partnership with the City of White Rock and Semiahmoo Arts, the Art on Display program ensures art is visible and accessible to the community. In a series of 5-8 themed juried exhibitions held throughout the year, Art on Display showcases work in a variety of media by local and other artists.
The Call for Artist application form for each show will be posted onSemiahmooarts.com
Entry Fee $10.00 per piece. Maximum 2 entries.
Submission of entry fees – Fees must be in the form of a cheque or money order (not cash) made payable to Community Arts Council of White Rock & District.
The completed entry form and fee must be delivered to:
White Rock Community Centre – Art on Display Program
15154 Russell Avenue, White Rock, BC, V4B 0A6
1st Prize $55.00
2nd Prize $30.00
3rd Prize $10.00
People’s Choice: This award will be given at the conclusion of the exhibition to one work chosen by the general public through an open ballot.
SALE OF WORK
All sales are done through the artist. Exhibiting artists are asked to prepare a letter-size
(8 1/2” x 11”) sheet with information about their works, including how purchases can be arranged, for the White Rock Community Centre Art Show Reference Binder, on display in the lobby throughout the exhibit.
- The Committee will take the utmost care in handling the work but cannot be responsible for loss or damage.
- To ensure quality and originality, work will not be accepted that is:
- a copy of the work of others;
- made entirely from a kit or commercial design; and/or an article made entirely from a commercial mold.
- All pieces must be dry and ready to be displayed. All unframed artwork needs a hanging sleeve or loops/ rings on the back of the work.
- Work is to have been completed within the last five years.
- Work must not have been previously shown in a public, commercial or juried exhibition.
- For the protection of both people and work, each piece must be able to be carried easily by one person, and fit through a standard door.
- Multi panel or multi component pieces (i.e. diptychs, triptychs) will be accepted.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
City of White Rock – Leisure Services 604.541.2199
Semiahmoo Arts – Community Arts Council of White Rock and District 604.536.8333